|Kingston Springs, TN||Mechanic||Holder|
MECHANIC – SOME TRAVEL REQUIRED
- 18 years of age or older
- 5 years experience
- Supply your own tools
- Valid driver’s License
Maintains diesel/gas/hydraulic equipment operation by completing inspections and preventive maintenance, correcting vehicle deficiencies, making adjustments and alignments, and keeping records.
- Full Time, Hourly/Salary
- Extreme heat or extreme cold
- Listening/Communication Skills
- Knowledge of Tooling, Supply Management/Inventory Control
- Mechanical and Technical Skills
- Troubleshooting skills
- Attention to detail
- Integrity and Honesty
- Willingness to Learn on the job
- Knowledge of the English Language
- OSHA 10 and PPE required
- Listen to operator complaints and make assessments of what needs to be done to repair equipment.
- Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests, and identifying worn and damaged parts.
- Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules, installing component and part upgrades, controlling corrosion, and completing winterization procedures.
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics; completes machine shop operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
- Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives, and adjusting controls and systems.
- Maintains vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance, and calling for repairs.
- Contains costs by using warranty, and evaluating service and parts options.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders, and verifying receipts.